February 12, 2009 Leave a comment
When hovering over the Show Desktop panel on the taskbar in Windows 7 will show you the arrangement of open windows if Aero is running. Sometimes this can be pain, you can disable this feature and retain the original functionality of Show Desktop.
Enabling Preview Desktop
Enabling Preview Desktop Using Regedit
- Open Windows 7 Registry Editor.
- Navigate to:
- Right-click DisablePreviewDesktop to select Modify.
- Enter a value of 0 to disable Preview Desktop functionality.
- Close Windows 7 Registry Editor.
- Disable Preview Desktop (Enhance ‘Show Desktop’) in Windows 7
- Open Windows 7 Registry without Elevation
Edited: April 11, 2014