May 30, 2007 1 Comment
Sometimes it is necessary to show the hidden files and folders in Windows Vista to do some necessary tasks.
Show Hidden Files and Folder in Windows Vista
- Click on the Start Orb (commonly known as the Start button).
- Type folder in the Start Search field on the Start Menu. Refer to Step 1 on the Image below.
- The Programs in the Start Menu in the left pane will populate. "Folder Options" should appear. Click Folder Options (Step2) to launch the Internet Properties control panel. Refer to Image below.
- The Folder Options applet should appear. Click the View tab. Refer to Image below.
- In the Advance settings: box located and enable Show hidden files and folders. Locate and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (recommended). Refer to Image below.
- Click Apply then OK.
Edited: May 6, 2012